Add to Cart
The scope of this FAQ is stores in normal mode (
STORE_STATUS = 0), and products with:
- Stock sufficient for a sale (per the stock settings).
- The Call for Price flag set to “No.”
When we say “Add to Cart” it could be:
- a “Buy Now” button
- a quantity box where the whole page is a form with “Add Selected to Cart” buttons at the top and/or bottom
- a quantity box with an “Add to Cart” button next to it
The ability to Add to Cart will always be provided on the product info page.
It may optionally appear on other pages (such as listing pages) under the following conditions:
If the button is configurable on the page in question, it is turned on. For example, on the New Products page, the Add to Cart button may be turned off using the Display Product Buy Now Button switch on the Configuration > New Listing page. See listing page layout for more specifics.
The product has no attributes, or, the product has only single-valued attributes.
If these conditions are not met, the “More Info …” button is displayed instead of “Buy Now” (or “Add to Cart”), and pressing this button will go to the product info page.
Actions after Add to Cart
Once an add to cart is performed, the following checks are done:
- the product quantity minimum, maximum and units are checked. If a violation occurs, the in-cart quantity will be dynamically updated.
- the stock tracking configuration 3 is enabled, quantity is not adjusted but checkout will be blocked if stock is insufficient to meet the order requirements.