Upcoming Products are those whose Date Available setting on the product editing page is set to a date in the future.
If you have created upcoming products, Zen Cart allows you to show them in a Centerbox on the main page called Upcoming Products. This can be configured with the setting Show Upcoming Products on Main Page in Admin > Configuration > Index Listing setting.
You may also configure upcoming products to appear in the following places:
- in a centerbox on an empty shopping cart page with the setting Show Upcoming Products on Main Page on Admin > Configuration > Stock
- in a centerbox below a product listing page using the settings on Admin > Configuration > Index Listing
Some stores will set the products status of an upcoming product to Disabled until the release date is reached. In this case, a storeowner may wish to automate the transition to products status Enabled by using the enable disabled product by available date feature, which has been available since Zen Cart 1.5.7. Otherwise, moving a product to enabled must be done using the Admin panel or perhaps a cron job.
Note: Upcoming Products were called “Products Expected” in releases prior to v1.5.8.
- Upcoming Products Admin Screen
- how to enable/disable the Upcoming Products section
- Enable disabled product by available date