Updating plugins for higher levels of PHP
Migration guides for newer PHP versions
The Zen Cart core is updated for the current release of PHP as each release is done. You can see the mapping from Zen Cart version to PHP version in the server requirements document.
But what about plugins?
Well, updating plugins needs to be done by the community. The first person to check with, of course, would be the plugin author, but they may not be able to do the work (for whatever reason). In this case, it could be an orphan plugin that needs adoption.
The following guidance is available for upgraders from PHP.net:
- Migrating from PHP 8.1.x to PHP 8.2.x
- Migrating from PHP 8.0.x to PHP 8.1.x
- Migrating from PHP 7.4.x to PHP 8.0.x
- Migrating from PHP 7.3.x to PHP 7.4.x
- Migrating from PHP 7.2.x to PHP 7.3.x
- Migrating from PHP 7.1.x to PHP 7.2.x
- Migrating from PHP 7.0.x to PHP 7.1.x
- Migrating from PHP 5.6.x to PHP 7.0.x
Please also see
Still have questions? Use the Search box in the upper right, or try the full list of FAQs. If you can't find it there, head over to the Zen Cart support forum and ask there in the appropriate subforum. In your post, please include your Zen Cart and PHP versions, and a link to your site.
Is there an error or omission on this page? Please post to General Questions on the support forum. Or, if you'd like to open a pull request, just review the guidelines and get started. You can even PR right here.
Last modified October 9, 2022 by Scott C Wilson (d79f62a).